Opening by Dr Charles Hill
The new Rugby Station known as the Extension to Rugby Radio Station (also the ‘B’ Building) went into service in October 1954. The official Grand Opening took place on 28th July 1955. The opening ceremony was conducted by Dr Charles Hill, Postmaster General. The 80 guests who attended the ceremony consisted of the great and the good from the world of radio engineering. The event was filmed for television newsreel and was also broadcast on the BBC Home Service.